The holidays are coming!! And if you are anything like me you are busy planning the menu for yummy foods and drinks. Not sure what it says about our family but our holidays tend to revolve largely around the food. We have to have the exact same foods at each holiday meal. We love our traditions and stick to them. In fact…if I consider for even a moment to deviate from our traditions, one of the kiddos is certain to remind me that I have forgotten something.
While we stay strong to our traditional food choices, we feel entirely different about the drinks. Each year we try to concoct or create something new. This recipe for a citrus punch mocktail is a fun drink that can be enjoyed by all.
- ½ Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Cup club soda
- 2 Cups water
- 3 Tbsps sugar syrup
- 1 Tsp orange zest
- Orange slices, halved
- In a saucepan over medium heat simmer the water with the sugar until dissolved.
- In a jar mix the lemon juice, lime juice, club soda, orange zest and the sugar syrup.
- Stir until well incorporated
- Place ice in glasses.
- Fill the glasses with the juice.
- Garnish with the orange slices.
This drink is light and refreshing. It is a nice alternative to some of the heavier winter drinks. I don’t know about you but I enjoy a lighter drink during the holidays. It is a nice balance to all the heavier foods I am enjoying!
For an adult version you can easily had a splash of flavored vodka!
You can make this recipe up ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. It will be perfect when your guests arrive.
What is your favorite holiday drink?
You can follow me here: