Have y’all heard about the magic of coconut oil? Honestly folks! It has to be the single most important ingredient in my home. Have a boo-boo – get the coconut oil. Need to fix a squeaky hinge – get the coconut oil. Skin acting up- get the coconut oil. Sticky zipper- get the coconut oil. This stuff is like magic and will resolve a magnitude of problems.
A couple of years ago I hardly knew what coconut oil was. Yes…I had heard of it but had no idea what to do with it. Use it as an alternative to butter…why on earth would I do that. Put it in my hair…why on earth would I do that. Enter a severe dye allergy in our home and now I am reading every label of every product. The more I learn the more I turn to coconut oil as a safe alternative.
At first I just used coconut oil as a natural moisturizer for our youngest daughter’s sensitive skin. Then I noticed that applying the coconut oil worked as a healing agent for her skin irritations. This got the ball rolling. Before long we were using coconut oil for just about everything.
After a while I was advocating the benefits of coconut oil to all my friends. So in an attempt to get all the information in one place as a resource, I have complied a list of my 35 favorite tips for coconut oil.
- Leave-in conditioner
- Tame frizzy ends or flyaways
- Stops itchy bug bites
- Makeup remover
- Lip balm
- Cuticle softener
- Under-eye cream
- Shaving cream / after shave
- Prevent stretch marks
- Scrapes and cuts- antibacterial
- Toothpaste- add a little baking soda
- Deodarant- mix with cornstarch, baking soda, essential oil
- Body scrub-equal parts oil with sea salt or sugar
- Bubble bath along with essential oils
- Sunscrean- natural SPF of 5.
- Soothe sunburns
- Calms bruises
- Diaper rash
- Cold sores- great antiviral properties
- Soften and deodorize feet
- Get rid of lice- first rinse with apple cider vinegar-dry hair-apply coconut oil-leave in for 24 hours- then wash hair
- Oil pulling-swish in mouth for 15 minutes for whiter teach, cleaner mouth, and fresher breath
- Sore throat- add a spoonful in hot tea
- Butter substitute
- Leather shoe cleaner
- Fix sticky zipper
- Remove sticky residue
- Furniture polish
- Bathtub cleaner
- Season cast iron cookware
- Insect repellent- mix with a little essential oil
- Squeaky hinges
- Start campfire- soak cotton ball in oil.
- Prevent hairballs- put a little on kitty’s paws and let him lick it off
What is your favorite way to use coconut oil?
You can follow me here:
You can follow me here: