In the Fitzy house we like sweets and goodies. EVERY. SINGLE.ONE of us is
cursed blessed with a sweet tooth! To make matters worse, I love to bake. Whipping up a batch of cookies or making a fun treat is one of my favorite things to do with my kiddos. This recipe for homemade nutter butter cookies does not disappoint.
My oh my! This is one of those yummy recipes that is hard to resist. Just the right combination of savory peanut butter and creamy goodness. In our house we call that a win! This batch of homemade nutter butter cookies is loved by all.
Homemade Nutter Butter Cookies
Just like what you find at the store...only better!
20 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 2 sticks butter-room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, peanut butter, and eggs.
- Add floor, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on greased baking sheet.
- Using a fork, make a crisscross on each ball of dough.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- For peanut butter filling: mix peanut butter powdered sugar, butter, and milk until creamy.
- To make cookie sandwich, add a small dollop of peanut butter filling to the flat side of a cookie. Add second cookie for sandwich.
Store these cookies in an air tight container and they will be good for several days.