OK…in our home everyone can agree that peanut butter and chocolate are a win-win. This is one of the rare combinations that everyone can agree on. So you can pretty much bet that when a batch of peanut butter cookies come out of the oven they don’t last very long in the Fitzy house.
We found this recipe a while back and it tends to be on repeat during the holidays. This recipe is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. Really…anything with a peanut butter cup on the inside has to be delicious!!!!!
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place in cups of a miniature muffin pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly brown and still puffy.
- Remove from the oven and press a peanut butter cup in the middle of each cookie.
- Cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
- It will take a little while for the chocolate cups to harden.
This cookie was a hit at my recent Cookies and Cocktails event for the holidays. It might even be fun to dress this cookie up a little bit with colored sprinkles.