Is your family just like ours? Always busy during the week and struggling to find something quick to make for dinner. This recipe is a quick and easy way to ensure a home cooked meal on those crazy days. If your home is anything like ours, those busy days account for about 5 of the 7 nights a week.
I love this recipe! Not only do I love this recipe but everyone in my family loves this recipe. That is no small feat! Mr. Picky or Miss. Finicky always have something to say about dinner…but…not on the nights I service BBQ chicken sandwiches. Everyone eats up without a fuss!! Now that is a serious win-win!
Another fun way to use this recipe is for events or that occasion when you have to take something to share. Whip up a batch of shredded BBQ chicken, grab a package of slider rolls at the local grocery, and everyone is happy. Easy peasy!!
Quick and easy weeknight favorite!
15 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 8 skinless chicken breasts
- hamburger buns or sliders
- In a medium size bowl, combine first 9 ingredients.
- In your crock pot, evenly place your chicken.
- Simply pour the sauce mixture over the chicken. No need to stir in.
- Place the lid on your crock pot and turn on high.
- Cook for approximately 7-8 hours.
- Remove the lid and shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the shredded BBQ chicken on each hamburger bun.