Eating healthy never tasted so good. In the summer time we grow fresh basil, lettuce, and tomatoes in our garden so caprese salads became one of our favorite meal time additions. In the winter I still crave this delightful salad. While it doesn’t come directly from our garden, it is easy to pick up the ingredients at the local market.
This salad can be made in as little as 5-10 minutes. That is perfect if you want to grab a quick lunch or prepare a quick salad to go with your evening meal.
- 1 Large tomato
- 1 Apple
- 1 Cup basil leaves
- 1 Cup lettuce
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Wash the tomato, apple, lettuce, and basil with water. Dry pat and set aside.
- In a chopping board slice the apple and tomato.
- Rub the basil with the olive oil and set aside.
- Place the tomato and the basil in a bowl.
- Top with the apple slices.
- In a bowl mix the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Drizzle on top and serve.
You could even add a little cheese or nuts to spice it up.
What is your favorite go-to salad?
You can follow me here: