Oh my!!! Summer time fruits and veggies are finally coming into season! Hands down…this is my favorite “eating season of the year”. Is that a real thing? I’m not even sure but I am officially calling it. Berries are a favorite at our house. I wash them and keep them available in the fridge. The kiddos will grab a handful of berries over other snacks if I keep them easily accessible. Several years ago I found a fun recipe that infuses peaches and blueberries into a delightful pound cake. At first glance, someone once told me this combination was “a little strange” but after one bite they were hooked. This pound cake is sweet and delicious. The berries infuse flavor and keep the cake moist.
This summertime favorite is simply delicious! Yummy peaches and fresh blueberries create a flavorful pound cake that is hard to resist.
1 hr, 25 Cook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 1/2 cup softened, unsalted butter
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup peach nectar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 1/4 cups diced fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Grease and sugar a 10 inch tube pan.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sugar. Mix well.
- Add eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in nectar.
- Combine flour, baking power, and salt. Add to butter mixture.
- Fold in peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into greased and sugared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Check doneness with wooden toothpick.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove gently.
This pound cake is one of our favorite summer time treats. It makes for a yummy breakfast or after dinner treat.
I can have this yummy treat ready for the oven in about 15 minutes. The hardest part is waiting for the long bake time. 🙂 And…oh my does it make the house smell good.
Can I admit a little secret?!?!?! This pound cake only lasts about a day or two at our house. It is hard to resist!!!
You can follow me here: