Have y’all heard about the magic of coconut oil? Honestly folks! It has to be the single most important ingredient in my home. Have a boo-boo – get the coconut oil. Need to fix a squeaky hinge – get the coconut oil. Skin acting up- get the coconut oil. Sticky zipper- get the coconut oil. This stuff is like magic and will resolve a magnitude of problems.
A couple of years ago I hardly knew what coconut oil was. Yes…I had heard of it but had no idea what to do with it. Use it as an alternative to butter…why on earth would I do that. Put it in my hair…why on earth would I do that. Enter a severe dye allergy in our home and now I am reading every label of every product. The more I learn the more I turn to coconut oil as a safe alternative.
At first I just used coconut oil as a natural moisturizer for our youngest daughter’s sensitive skin. Then I noticed that applying the coconut oil worked as a healing agent for her skin irritations, as well as mixing in a bit of the best cbd oil that I was recommended to use. This combination has worked wonders. I didn’t realise that coconut oil was such a versitile ingredient. You can pretty much use it for anything. This got the ball rolling. Before long we were using coconut oil for just about everything. One thing that it is known to be great for is the keto diet. In fact, coconut oil and keto are mutually agreeable because they work towards the same end goal and the coconut oil can really help you to maximize the potential benefits of your diet.
After a while I was advocating the benefits of coconut oil to all my friends. So in an attempt to get all the information in one place as a resource, I have complied a list of my 35 favorite tips for coconut oil.
- Leave-in conditioner
- Tame frizzy ends or flyaways
- Stops itchy bug bites
- Makeup remover
- Lip balm
- Cuticle softener
- Under-eye cream
- Shaving cream / after shave
- Prevent stretch marks
- Scrapes and cuts- antibacterial
- Toothpaste- add a little baking soda
- Deodarant- mix with cornstarch, baking soda, essential oil
- Body scrub-equal parts oil with sea salt or sugar
- Bubble bath along with essential oils
- Sunscrean- natural SPF of 5.
- Soothe sunburns
- Calms bruises
- Diaper rash
- Cold sores- great antiviral properties
- Soften and deodorize feet
- Get rid of lice- first rinse with apple cider vinegar-dry hair-apply coconut oil-leave in for 24 hours- then wash hair
- Oil pulling-swish in mouth for 15 minutes for whiter teach, cleaner mouth, and fresher breath
- Sore throat- add a spoonful in hot tea
- Butter substitute
- Leather shoe cleaner
- Fix sticky zipper
- Remove sticky residue
- Furniture polish
- Bathtub cleaner
- Season cast iron cookware
- Insect repellent- mix with a little essential oil
- Squeaky hinges
- Start campfire- soak cotton ball in oil.
- Prevent hairballs- put a little on kitty’s paws and let him lick it off
What is your favorite way to use coconut oil?
You can follow me here: