I don’t know about you but the evenings tend to be a little crazy around our house. With an elementary, middle, and high schooler at home, we tend to be running from one activity to the next. Rarely do we have a single evening during the week that isn’t filled with music lessons, sports, or church. While I wouldn’t have it any other way, it can make meals a little challenging.
I learned a while back that I have to plan our meals ahead of time. Otherwise the kiddos may just be getting something frozen out of a bag which is not my favorite approach. Normally I will sit down over the weekend and plan out the meal schedule for the week. This gives me a time to reflect on the different activities for the week and what meals may be best for various evenings. This approach also allows me an opportunity to create a grocery list and do all the shopping before the week starts.
One of our recent favorites is this recipe for mushroom bolognese spaghetti. It is easy to make and I can normally have it on the table in about 30 minutes. Quick and easy…now I will call that a win! And another plus…everyone will eat it. #kidscanbepickyeaters
- 10 oz. spaghetti
- ½ Pound mushrooms, sliced
- ½ Pound ground beef
- ½ Cup parmesan cheese
- 1½ Tbsps olive oil
- ½ Tbsp onion powder
- ¼ Cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water with salt in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente as instructed on the packaging.
- While waiting, cook in a saucepan over medium-high heat the ground beef with olive oil and the spices.
- Stir for 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and parsley. Let it simmer.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to the saucepan. Mix until well combined.
- Serve in plates with parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
It is easy to leave out the mushrooms if your kiddos aren’t big mushroom fans. OR…be a mean mom like me and make that child pick them out. 🙂
What is your go to recipe on those busy evenings when you don’t have much time?
You can follow me here: