Don’t these little ravioli look fancy. Well I have a little secret for you! In just about the same time as you can cook a frozen pizza you can impress your guests with these darling little Mexican fried ravioli.
Starting with a frozen ravioli, you can have a fun little appetizer in no time.
While they make great appetizers, these little ravioli are also perfect for the little people in your life. My kiddos love any thing bite size especially if they can use a toothpick. Ah…the magic of a toothpick to get my kids to try different foods.
One of the things I love most about these little ravioli is that you can garnish them a number of different ways. I used avocado here but you could try little cherry tomatoes or a variety of cheeses. The possibilities are endless.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1 Pack frozen ravioli
- 1 Cup oil
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tbsps cilantro
- Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Dip the frozen raviolis into the wet mixture then into the bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a big pot.
- Let raviolis fry until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil on a super absorbent paper towel.
- Place a piece of avocado between 2 raviolis and join with a toothpick.
- Garnish with a piece of cilantro on top.
- Keep repeating until ravioli and avocado are gone.
- Serve and enjoy.